The program typically recruits during the fall semester, please check back in September 2019 for more information about applying for our next cohort.
Before you apply
Participation in the ProRanger Program is a serious commitment. It requires a significant investment of time and effort during your academic studies that will pay off in a rich and rewarding career as a U.S. Park Ranger.
Please review the program timelines. Attendance at all activities is mandatory. If you have a conflict with any of the scheduled dates, please notify Adrian Fernandez or Vicki McGarvey during the application process to determine if accommodations are possible.
Program requirements include:
- Completing the Certificate in National Park Service Management, as part of a Temple University bachelor's degree. (with a GPA of 2.75)
- Completing a summer internship at a national park.
- Attending all required activities which may be scheduled on weekends and during winter and spring breaks.
- Achieving physical fitness standards by required deadlines.
- Attending Temple University's federally accredited seasonal law enforcement training program, located at the Ambler Campus.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; males must be registered with the selective service
- Must be a Temple student and maintain a cumulative and program GPA of 2.75
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (or agree to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to beginning first summer internship).
- Provide proof of private health insurance.
- Meet NPS medical and physical fitness standards and provide proof of medical clearance to participate in physical fitness activities.
- Adhere to all program performance and conduct standards, including
- Federal background investigation
- Criminal, driver’s and credit history checks
- Drug screening tests