Temple University’s 2nd Annual Wellness Day on Friday, October 13, provides students at Temple a chance to stop and take a breath during a busy fall semester.
In addition to activities at Main Campus offered by the Wellness Resource Center, students are invited to escape the stressors of the semester by spending their day off from class at the Ambler Campus and the Ambler Arboretum during Wellness Day at Temple Ambler, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Learn more about Ambler Campus activities here.
“The Ambler Campus is a 187-acre Arboretum that serves as an outdoor classroom and much more,” said Krista DeLone, Assistant Director for Student and Campus Life at Temple Ambler. “With its collection of gardens, woodlands, and meadows, it is the perfect setting for meditation, stress reduction and enjoying the outdoors!”
Free bus transportation from Main Campus will be available, departing at 10 a.m. and returning at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration is required by Monday, October 9. Register online here.
- Cooking Class — Students will learn how to make healthy recipes and get to have a taste. The session will include information on nutrition, meal planning and food budgeting.
- Silent Disco Dancing — Dancers and listeners will get their own pair of wireless glowing headphones with the ability to switch between three genres of music. Leave your stress on the dance floor!
- Yoga in the Gardens
- Painting & Coloring
- Guided Arboretum Nature Walks
- Mindfulness Meditation Sessions
- Succulent Planting Workshop
- Low Ropes Challenge Course Lab
- Therapy Dogs and more!
During Wellness Day, Temple Ambler staff are additionally invited to help as volunteers to assist with the day’s many activities! Staff that are available to volunteer their time on October 13 are asked to sign up here.